Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
- Hebrews 13:2
A hospitality minister is a member of a community of people at the parish dedicated to creating a welcoming environment at our weekend Masses. By their presence they encourage people to become more deeply rooted in the parish community and in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Qualities and Characteristics needed:
- Friendly, approachable, and welcoming to a diversity of people
- Desire to help others become connected to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
- Knowledgeable or willing to learn about the parish and its activities
- Collaborative, willing to work with a group of people to create a welcoming atmosphere at the parish
- Interested in creating community within the ministry and among members of the parish
- A willingness to grow in one’s own spirituality and knowledge of our Catholic faith
- Approximately 1.5 hours for orientation/training
- 1-2 times per month at a designated weekend Mass. Arriving 30 minutes before and up to 30 minutes after the designated Mass.
- Two Ministry gatherings a year of no more than 2 hours each throughout the year for spiritual development, fellowship, and ongoing training.
For more information please contact the person listed on this page.